10 things you probably didn't know about Linkin Park
As one of the pioneers of the nu-metal movement, bringing the genre to the masses, Linkin Park is no doubt a band that has been on most of our playlists at some point. They were perhaps a band that edged us deeper into the abyss of metal, alternative and rock music. As a celebration of the almighty Linkin Park, here are 10 facts you may have not known about Linkin Park.
- Chester is currently doing vocals on the upcoming Stone Temple Pilots album.
- The band initially had a vocalist named Mark Wakefield. Wakefield left the band when they initially failed to get a record deal.
- “Phoenix” A.K.A Dave Farrell is the original bassist of the band, although he did leave the band for some time after the departure of Wakefield.
- Linkin Park have been nominated for 169 different awards, and have won 59 of these.
- Linkin Park was the first rock band to achieve more than 1 million Youtube hits.
- At the time of Chester and his ex-wife’s wedding, they were too poor to afford rings, so instead got matching tattoos on their ring fingers.
- “My December” was covered by Josh Groban.
- The band has released 5 studio albums, 2 live albums and 21 EPs.
- Linkin Park was the third name utilised by the band - initially known as Xero, then Hybrid Theory, and finally Lincoln Park which subsequently became “Linkin Park”.
- The largest stock of original promo posters and display cards currently resides in the UK!